Angela Lee Jones
- Information Systems & Supply Chain Management
- School of Business
Angela L. Jones is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management at Howard University. She earned her PhD in Supply Chain at Michigan State University and previously worked for retail corporations in operational and strategic supply chain management roles. Angela has earned an undergraduate degree from Penn State University in Management Science and Information Systems and an MBA from Penn State University in Logistics and Management Information Systems.
Her primary research interests are in omni-channel retailing, online retail fulfillment, and reverse logistics. She has published research on the consumer perceptions of retailer supply chain policies and procedures as well as the drivers of omni-channel retailer performance in the International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management and Transportation Journal. Recently, Angela received the Best Paper Award from Transportation Journal. Her teaching interests are Logistics and Transportation Management, Information Technology in Supply Chain Management, and Retail Supply Chain. She enjoys bringing her corporate experience and research interests to the classroom to enlighten students on the exciting possibilities for a career in Supply Chain. She is a member of the KPMG PhD Project and the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.
Areas of expertise
- Omni-Channel Retailing
- Online Retail Fulfillment
- Reverse Logistics
- Returns Management
- Ph.D., Supply Chain Management, Michigan State University, East Lansing, 2017
- M.B.A., Logistics & MIS, Penn State University, University Park, 1997
- B.S., Management Science & Info Systems, Penn State University, University Park, 1994
- Seminar in Information Technology in Supply Chain Mangement
- Production & Operations Management
- Angela L. Jones, Jason W. Miller, Stanley E. Griffis, Judith M. Whipple, and Clay M. Voorhees, 2022. "An Examination of the Effects of Omni-Channel Service Offerings on Retailer Performance,” International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol. 52, No. 2, pp. 150-169.
- Angela L. Jones, Stanley E. Griffis, Matthew Schwieterman, and Patricia J. Daugherty, 2019. "Examining the Impact of Shipping Charge Fairness on Consumer Satisfaction and Behavior," Transportation Journal, Vol. 58, No. 2, pp. 101-125.
- Haozhe Chen, Patricia J. Daugherty, and Angela L. Jones, 2016. Ensuring Returns Management Software Effectiveness through Joint Development Orientation,â€ Transportation Journal, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 1-30.